Search College Recipes
Join the Team
Become a College Recipes Contributing Writer / Editor
To be considered as a Contributing Writer for College Recipes, please apply through our online application form.
CollegeRecipes.com is an emerging website that aims to bring simple, delicious and fun recipes, as well as various other entertaining content to college students. This role will aim at developing writers creative and editorial abilities while providing real-world portfolio experiences.
The site’s editorial team will be constructing and executing a busy editorial calendar during the summer months. To do this best, our goal is to have a wide array of content (video & text) from of a variety of voices, Contributing Writers, and particularly from actual college students.
What is expected of a Contributing Writer?
Whatever you can commit to. At this point, we have no budget and cannot offer any form of monetary compensation. We understand that college students are busy and we aim to have mutually-beneficial relationships with our writers.
A typical Contributing Writer will commit to submitting 2-3 pieces of content every week, as scheduled by the editorial calendar. At minimum, we ask for a commitment of 1 piece of content, every 2 weeks, as scheduled. Additionally, those interested in editing or marketing may be assigned related tasks. Writers will achieve vital experience and further develop their editorial and writing abilities.
The experience can help you to develop your personal editorial brand, connect with a larger audience & gain editorial experience working with an online publication. All submitted content will be reviewed by our editor, and you will receive feedback when appropriate.
The vision for the end of the summer is to have the site be a much more active, content-filled and educational resource for college students.
Please contact us with any questions you may have!
- Contribute quality content on a regular, scheduled basis
- Review/edit content written by others (optional)
- Attract new users and contributors to the site (optional)
- Must be passionate about food and cooking
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university within the United States
- Must be majoring in a related field, or display interest in online content generation (English, Journalism, etc.)
- Must submit a writing sample with application
- Must have access to a quality digital camera